Tuesday 19 June 2012

Listening to old reels

It's always interesting listening to old reels knowing that they haven't been played for decades and not knowing what you might discover on there.  Often it's just a recording of someone's record collection but if the owner of the reels was more adventurous you'll find recordings of other things, radio, tv, live recordings even.  I'll be posting some of my collection in this blog.  Some are complete shows, some incomplete, and some are merely fragments.

I've done my best to provide the dates but for some it's just not possible.  For some I don't even know the name of the show.  Probably some who download and listen may be able to help with identification.

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant idea, I look forward to hearing what you find.

    Back in 1967 I was given a Marconiphone tape recorder as a surprise present on my 10th birthday, and spent many happy hours recording bits off the TV, with the mic on a cushion in front of the speaker. Sadly I only had 3 or 4 reels of tape and so I constantly re-recorded over the older stuff. How I wish I'd taken more care to preserve them...

    ReplyDelete